2010-2011 Boys Varsity

The beginning of Bedford's third varsity season was one of change with Bedford moving up to division II and across the Queen City. After having played their home games at Tri-Town Arena in Hooksett and practicing in the early morning hours at Manchester's Westside Arena the Bulldogs were moving into Sullivan Arena at St. Anselm College. The other significant change found Marty Myers the head coach of their opening day opponent Pembroke a year earlier now behind the Bedford Bench.

The Bulldogs opened their season hosting their first jamboree and would fall to division I Londonderry 4-0 on December 11, 2010. Bedford would sustain six consecutive defeats to start the season before Freshman Stevan Tempesta was able to back stop the Bulldogs to a 3-2 shootout victory over division I Manchester Memorial in the Bauer Holiday Tournament at JFK Coliseum on December, 29th. A come from behind 3-3 tie at Keene followed two days later by a 3-1 victory over Spaulding High School on January 17, 2011 gave the Bulldogs their first division II points and Senior goaltender Connor Sullivan his first varsity victory.

At this point the Bulldogs began to ascend the division II standings winning five of their next nine games including a 5-2 victory at division III Kennett. The stretch would still leave Bedford facing elimination from the NHIAA division II playoffs hosting Timberlane High School on February, 23rd. Stevan Tempesta would again provide the goaltending as Bedford's skaters completed a come from behind 3-2 victory over Timberlane at Sullivan Arena. Three days later needing another win in their final regular season game against Goffstown High School Bedford surrendered the tying goal with just 2:02 remaining in regulation. The Bulldogs season though would be extended in dramatic fashion in overtime by Senior Trevor Sonovick. With three seconds remaining on a Goffstown minor penalty Sonovick would score a sudden death goal over the left shoulder of Goffstown goaltender Cam Myatt. The 3-2 victory over rival Goffstown moved Bedford's division II record to 7-9-1 and advanced them into the eighth and final playoff spot.

From the opening face-off Bedford carried the play to the first seeded Merrimack High School Tomahawks team in it's quarterfinal round game at JFK Coliseum on Saturday, March 4th. Outshooting Merrimack 20-14 over the course of the first two periods Bedford would score the games first goal only to have it waived off. Undeterred the Bulldogs would take the lead on the scoreboard at 11:55 of the first period on a Trevor Sonovick power play goal. Bedford increased it's lead at 5:43 of the second when Freshman Chris Viola scored on a rebound. Bedford continued to apply pressure through the second period but Merrimack net minder Brett Glendye with 21 saves and the help of the far post on a Chris Viola shot early in the third kept the Tomahawks within striking distance. Bedford's season would begin to unravel at 6:35 of the third period when Merrimack's Chris Fortin scored off of a Chris Kinney rebound cutting the Bulldogs lead in half. The tying goal for Merrimack came less than two minutes later at 8:07 when Kinney scored on a flurry in front of the Bedford net. The Tomahawks comeback was complete when Senior Casey Bourque’s deflected shot from the point found the Bedford net at 9:49 snapping the 2-2 tie. Bedford unable in the final minutes to answer Merrimack's three goal storm in a span of 3:14 had seen their season abruptly ended.

2010-2011 Varsity